Are you ready to Active-8 your imagination over the school holidays at St Bees?
Introducing ACTIVE-8 – our one-of-a-kind summer school holiday programme where learning and playing go hand in hand to provide children with the skills and personal development in a fun, engaging way.
We have had a lot of interest in our summer holiday programme over the past few years, so make sure you book your place for Summer 2021 now!
What is ACTIVE-8?
ACTIVE-8 is a school holiday programme like no other. Combining STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) with LEGO® , children will learn to code their own robots, gain confidence through LEGO® challenges both inside and outside of the classroom, lead teams and generally have fun while learning essential skills and boosting their personal development.
We want to activate young minds and get them thinking about the bigger picture and what the world of the future may look like – which will more than likely include robotics.
What Makes ACTIVE-8 Different?
So, what sets ACTIVE-8 apart from other holiday programmes?
- Improves motor skills – LEGO® building involves dexterity and coordination
- Encourages teamwork – every student will have to work together to overcome set challenges
- Inspires creativity – design your own cities, buildings and robots with various features while considering colours, shapes and more
- Develops problem-solving skills – focusing on problems, attention to detail and creating a solution are all a huge part of the programme
- Boosts communication skills – builds new friendships, reinforces old friendships and encourages children to talk to each other to achieve success
- Teaches perseverance – with some challenging tasks to overcome, everyone will have to work on their persistence, determination and perseverance to solve problems
- Motivates confidence – being able to see your decisions turn into successes helps boost self-confidence and esteem
- Improves planning skills – everyone uses their lateral and forward-thinking abilities to create exciting new concepts and solutions
We’ve opened up this incredibly unique opportunity to the whole of the UK and China, meaning that some of you will be travelling from a little further away than St Bees to get here.
Luckily, our recently refurbished boarding facilities allow us to provide a comfortable boarding experience for those looking to travel to us to take advantage of our ACTIVE-8 programme, complete with meals and evening activities to enhance the ACTIVE-8 experience even more.
Award-Winning LEGO® League Leaders
In addition, St Bees is proud to be in the top two schools in the UK for LEGO League. We placed a close second in the LEGO® League in 2020 and are aiming for the top spot this year.
Our LEGO® leaders are on hand to guide students through the tasks and challenges set out during ACTIVE-8, meaning you have access to, not only the most unique school holiday programme in the UK, but to leaders who can help students succeed with the more challenging (and creative) aspects of this fantastic opportunity.
Want to find out more or book your place on this unique summer school holiday programme? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the ACTIVE-8 Prospectus below