We have our own swimming pool based within our grounds.
Our Swim Academy is part of the Swimming Teachers Association (STA) International Learn to Swim Programme. Swimming lessons are available at our pool and these can be booked online.
PLEASE SEE THE COVID-19 UPDATE BELOW BEFORE BOOKING LESSONS
Every weekday, from Monday 23rd March, unless government legislation forces us to close, we will be offering:
- General Swim (adults only) – 11:30 – 13:30
- Family Swim – 14:30 – 16:00
General and lane swimming: £4 per adult / £3 per concession.
Swimming lessons are still available on request – please do email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we want to assure you know that the health and well-being of our staff, students and customers is of the highest importance here at St Bees School.
We guarantee that we are taking all necessary precautions and steps to ensure that we protect the whole community from COVID-19, and that we will continue to provide swimming pool facilities to our local community.
We are working closely with the relevant local public health authorities, as well as the official Government updates to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with everything.
What are we’re doing?
We are doing the following to help reduce the risk of COVID-19:
- Increased, thorough cleaning regimes in line with Government guidance and Public Health Authority guidelines
- Providing hand sanitiser on entrance and exit of the facilities, keeping all soap dispensers topped up, and encouraging all staff and customers to wash their hands frequently
- Reiterating the importance of good hygiene and giving advice on how we can all protect and help each other stay safe and healthy.
What you can do
- Please do not visit the facilities if you are feeling unwell. While we are doing all we can to prevent COVID-19 spreading, we need to be sure that everyone using our facilities are free of the virus and any other illness
- Make sure that you are washing your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This includes under your nails, in between your fingers and the backs of your hands. Where soap and water are not available, please use hand sanitiser gel.
- If you have a cough or need to sneeze, make sure you catch them in a tissue and dispose of it immediately in a bin. If you don’t have a tissue, Government guidelines state that it is advisable to sneeze and cough into your elbow. Ensure that you wash or hand sanitise your hands after coughing or sneezing.
For more information on how you can protect yourself and others during the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the official NHS and GOV.UK websites.
Can we still swim in the pool? Is it safe?
Our pool is completely safe to swim in, and will be still open to the local community.
In fact, the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG) have assured everyone that
“..it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. Water and the chlorine within swimming pools will help to kill the virus”.
I don’t feel well, can I still use the swimming pool?
If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to use the swimming pool. We advise that you follow Government and NHS advice surrounding COVID-19 and self-isolation measures.
We hope you feel better soon, and will be happy to welcome you back once you feel better.
I’ve just returned from travelling abroad – can I use the facilities?
With the whole world being affected by COVID-19, you may have come into contact with the virus on your travels.
If you have visited a high-risk country or may have encountered the virus, please follow Government and NHS advice, and self-isolate – do not come to use the facilities.
Our swimming pool is available for external use and hire and can be booked online.
Swimming lessons are timetabled each week for all pupils, they are encouraged by highly skilled instructors to improve their ability and confidence in the water. We want our pupils to develop the necessary skills they need to make a difference when it matters, which means as well as improving their swimming skills the pupils also develop their knowledge in first aid and water safety through the Rookie Lifeguard award. Our pupils also follow the (STA) curriculum in their lessons.