Current vacancies and opportunities to work with the School will be posted on this page.
School Meal Coordinator
We currently have a vacancy for a School Meal Coordinator to join our St Bees team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual to join an independent school working environment.
This is a permanent role, working initially 15 hours per week during term time, and on average 30 hours per week during non-term time. Additional hours may be occasionally required.
As the School Meal Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- stock rotation and weekly ordering of pre-prepared meals;
- liaising with families regarding dietary requirements and suggesting menu choices;
- manage risk and using HACCP;
- arranging food and beverage items for the purpose of serving them to students and staff in an efficient manner;
- organising the catering provision for School events;
- the serving of all meals and beverages to staff and students in portions, ensuring great customer service at all times;
- ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy, assisting with waste removal and washing up;
- ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to;
- completing any administration as requested including food temperatures, wastage and cleaning schedules;
- to raise any issues, suggestions, and complaints to their line manager;
- apply and maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and personal hygiene;
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- knowledge of allergens and government food guidelines;
- relevant experience for the role;
- experience in a food service environment;
- good customer service skills;
- the ability to demonstrate great teamwork;
- work rapidly and efficiently in performing job duties.
Candidates are asked to apply in writing including a detailed curriculum vitae outlining relevant skills and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a current CV to Office Manager, St Bees School, Wood Lane, St Bees, Cumbria, or electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on receipt and therefore it is recommended that, if you wish to apply for this position, you do so as soon as possible.
St Bees School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory employment checks, references, and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Type: Permanent
- catering: 2 years (Preferred)